Moving Checklist, Part 1 – Two Months Prior to Move
Follow this moving checklist and timeline to help your move go as smoothly as possible.
Two months prior to the move, you should:
- Start looking into a moving partner. To get the ball rolling, you can contact Prossers Moving & Storage for an estimate.
- Go through your house and determine what you must keep and what you want to get rid of. You may want to donate or sell some of your items at a yard sale rather than move them.
- Make note of fragile items or items that will need special care or additional insurance coverage.
- Create a records binder to store all your move-related information. Having all this information handy will be a life-saver down the road.
- Organize all your school records. Start the process of having your child’s school records transferred to the new school district.